#onelittleword for 2015

Monday, February 2, 2015

In January, this #onelittleword kept popping up from Ali Edwards.  I love the idea of picking a word to focus on for the year so I spent that morning reflecting and searching pinterest and instagram to see what others were choosing.  One word seemed to jump off the screen at me and no matter how many other words I tried to focus in on, this one just kept coming back at me.


Emerge.

To come into existence; develop.


I've always struggled with me.  I've always cared way too much about what other's think of me and how I look to them.  At 30 years old, I still catch myself thinking, "When I grow up.."  I am a total introvert.  Throw me into a crowd and I will sit back and watch and listen.  I fumble and fidget when I speak to others.  Even the thought of being in front of a camera or microphone makes my palms sweat.  

It's time to emerge.  I want to punch fear in the face this year and come out of my shell.  I want to do things I would normally say, "NO WAY!" to.  I want to develop my friendships, my family, my business.  It's time for me to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.  It's not going to be easy or pretty, but I am all in.

What's your one little word for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment