Stitch Fix #4

Friday, July 31, 2015

Fix #4 is here!  Yes, two in a month.  Oops.  I just can't help myself.  I usually wouldn't do that, but I have a big business trip coming up this weekend so I wanted a last minute try to possibly get something for that.



Again if any of you are wondering what the heck a Stitch Fix is, basically it's this:  You create an account and answer a bunch of questions all about what you like and don't like, your figure, etc.  Then you pick whether you want monthly boxes or can just have them sent when you need them.  The price of each item varies and you let them know the price point you would like to pay and they try to honor that.  The items are what I would consider department store prices.  You pay a $20 styling fee and a stylist will pick 5 items for you and send them out.  You have 3 days to decide what you want to keep or send back.  If you keep at least 1 item, you will be able to credit your styling fee towards the item.  If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount!  Then you log in, let them know what you're keeping/sending back and put your items in the prepaid envelope provided and ship it back to them and then you will be charged for what you kept. 

You also have the option to leave a note for your stylist.  This is where you can say what you are looking for or hope to get.  Also, be sure to make a Style board on Pinterest of stuff that is you and what you like. That is key to getting good fixes, I believe.  Add it to your profile on Stitch Fix and your stylist should look it over.  You can search Pinterest for other people who blog their SF boxes and pin things you like and SF has an account too so that you can pin.

I was excited to see that I got Jessica back this fix!  I asked for her again and just said I am good on jeans for a while so not to include any more of those.




Item #1




#1 Octavia Adora Stud Border Tote  $68

Notes:  I knew pretty much right away I most likely wouldn't be keeping this.  I already got a small clutch a few fixes ago and I just don't leave the house enough to use so many bags.  Plus, I'm kind of partial to my Kate Spade.  :)  I'm not a huge fan of the studs and red just isn't my color.  It did have a a nice inside pocket and was roomy, just not something I needed.

Kept it or Returned it?  Returned.


Item #2


#2 Market & Spruce Myah Dress Size: M  $74

Notes:  I first pulled this out of the box and it looked big and really boxy not gathered.  The fabric was super soft and comfy, almost linen like.  I had to gather/tie it super tight for it to give some sort of definition.  I hated it the first time I tried it on.  The next time it actually kind of grew on me.  Unfortunately, I just can't throw $74 down on something unless I love it.  

Kept it or Returned it?  Returned it.


Item #3


Kensie Rebekah Contrast Detail Blazer  Size: S   $88

Notes:  Ummm... LOVE!  I've seen some others get these blazers, but this is the first time seeing this color.  This military/army green color is one of my favorites and so are blazers.  I love blazers because you can do so much with them and easily dress them up or down.  This one is no exception.  It has 3/4 sleeves, which is also something I like.  It's super comfy and it even has a bit of stretch to the fabric.

Kept it or Returned it?  Kept it!


Item #4 and #5


Pixley Yuli Lace Cap Sleeve Blouse  Size: S  $68 
Gilli Tess Pencil Skirt  Size: M  $54

Notes:  First, the Pixley top.  It's super cute and i love that it includes a tank underneath, which is actually connected, but could easily be clipped apart.  I wish I would have gotten this in an earlier fix because I just kept a black blouse last fix.  The Gilli skirt is super stretchy and super comfy but fitted and hugs in the right places unlike some other pencil skirts.

Kept them or Returned them?  Returned them.  (I may regret returning that top.)


There you have it.  I was good and only kept the thing that I really loved.  I call it a success because I was hoping for maybe at least one more thing for me to take on my business trip.  Jessica delivered!   Now I will be waiting at least a month for my next one.  Most likely will be asking to transition to more fall pieces, well because I live in the pacific northwest so summer doesn't last as long as it did in San Diego.

Carrie

Want to try Stitch Fix out?!  SIGN UP HERE to use my referral link (I'll get a credit for you using my link.  My husband will thank you!) and start answering your questionnaire.  Don't forget to make a Pinterest board to help your stylist out!  Then invite your friends to get a Fix too using your link and earn a $25 credit!






No comments:

Post a Comment